Thursday, July 19, 2007

The Shore

On Sunday, we took off for the shore. By we, I mean, me and Madison. Alex gave us a long lecture on the proper usage of suntan lotion, including how many times a day to put it on, and to stay away from sand holes. He saw this thing on tv about how 2 people a year die in sand holes because they collapse on them.....so he gave strict warnings to Madison to dig only ankle deep(he's really fun; you can see why we left him at home!) So, after the safety portion of our trip, we hopped into my cousin's car and drove 90 minutes to Sea Isle City. Its a small island off the coast of Jersey that is probably only 5 blocks wide. We stayed until Tuesday night. Boy did we have fun. We spent 3 days on the beach boogy boarding, body surfing (not me), jumping waves, digging, walking, sunning, and just relaxing. Madison loves the Atlantic ocean now, and proclaimed it better than the Pacific......UNTIL....the jelly fish arrived. On Tuesday jelly fish arrived on the beach and she freaked a little, until someone told her only the pink ones sting. Despite seeing ONE pink one, she had a good time. She really takes after me.....when I was a kid, bees and jellyfish were my number one fear. (and pirranahas; GO FIGURE!) But despite the jelly's she loved it. The sand was soft, the ice cream sweet, and the company fun. There were 19 of us walking the 4 blocks to the beach everyday and sharing meals at night. Next summer I am going to rent a place down there so I'll keep you all posted so maybe you can come visit!

No comments: