Monday, October 1, 2007

Mailbox

Now, I have a theory. The way I look at it, a person can only be either handy or booksmart. I'm not saying that handy people aren't book smart, and booksmart people aren't handy. But, in the grand scheme of things, handy people are just that............handy. We are not handy people. I would very much like to clarify that.........I am slightly handy..........Alex, not so much. But, he is brillant with numbers, book stuff, etc.....in a way that I will never be. And he can write a mighty check to pay handy people.

We learned this the hard way on Friday. Last friday Alex decided that we would end our war with the post office and put up a mailbox. We had all the right stuff, tools etc. He figured it would take us about an hour. I told him it would take us three hours............and he laughed at me. It ended up taking 5 1/2 hours. Now, I really don't want to get into the specifics of what went wrong, but we ended up having to leave our mailbox and going to Lowes for more parts. In the end we were out at the curb until 9pm putting up this mailbox. Thats right, we were putting it up in the dark. We had the car on and the headlights blasting so we can see. The neighbors were all peering out the windows and probably saying something like this..."hey honey, how about those idiots from California putting up a mailbox at 9 pm at night".

No comments: