Friday, August 24, 2007

New house


So, last Friday, Alex settled on his house. Boy what a production that was! I have found that nothing in this state is easy, and making settlement on a house is torture. In PA you actually have to sit down with the sellers and exchange pleasantries while everyone is signing the paperwork. But in our case there was a snag with the bank and the pleasantries stopped and the other side had a fit and walked out. Alex still got the house of course, but not without a lot of suffering. It was and ALL day affair. But, I guess it was worth it. This weekend starts all the construction on the inside. The house is VERY old inside. The electrician was surprised it didn't burn down. There were sooooo many frayed wires!



Oh did I tell you that our electrician was named Ben Franklin....actually Ben Franklin III. I wondered if he was related to the original BF, but I was afraid to ask. He wasn't bald and in wire rimmed glasses. Actually, I got the feeling that if I did ask he probably would have found a way to electrocute me. I would imagine that he probably got teased ALOT in school.


I had a million other questions like, "did you HAVE to be an electrican"? Would your parents have been mad if you chose another career, in plumbing perhaps? "Or did you have to choose a Ben Franlking approved career, such as newspaper delivery man, mailman, inventor, kite flyer? I didn't ask him any of these questions, but a million of them were floating around in my mind.

No comments: