Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Zern's



So, I think I mentioned last week about a place we went to visit called Zern's. I really didn't get a chance to take many pictures there because I was to busy laughing. You really have to see it to appreciate it. You can buy Scott Baio posters there, hunting clothes, candy, meat, cars, pets, used magazines an more. I bought a bag of used books for $10. All of this while observing the locals without teeth and perhaps missing a few fingers. On Friday nights they have a car auction. The great part about Zern's is the fact that every once and awhile, the Asian ladies from New York come down and sell fake purses right out in the open! No hiding in a back corner like in downtown LA. But then the sheriff catches on and kicks them out. After that you have to wait six months again until a persistant suburbanite spots the purses again and the word gets out. Right now the hot thing here in purses are these cloth purses made by Vera Bradley? Have any of you heard of her, because I have not. They're not really hot with young, stable women. Just married, older, childbearing women. I'm not saying they have to be old to have them......just not single! Anyhoos......I digress. Zern's is best viewed on a Friday night when all the locals come out for shopping and dinner. I stress to you that this is the ONLY thing to do in this one shope town. Ok....I lied......there is a Super Walmart. There is an actual stand that will fry veggies. ANY kind of veggie. By the time Zern's is done with you cauliflower, you will have a coronary on the floor right there. I was too busy laughing while there the last time so I didn't have any time to take pictures. But thanks to another blogger I found this link.....enjoy. Oh.....Madison was supposed to go to the meat auction today with my dad to spy for us and find out exactly what goes on there.....but she wasn't able to. So, I think next month I will go with my camera to see it for myself.

1 comment:

Lola said...

Okay, the Vera Bradley purses? I don't get it at all. I thought they were the ugliest old-lady knitting bags I'd ever seen. But they are just as popular with young women as they are with older ones! I'm 25 and I have several friends with Vera Bradley or similar pieces. They've been around for at least five or six years, and were really popular a year or two ago, but hopefully their popularity has waned lately.
http://lolablog.lolageek.com