Friday, August 24, 2007

Vera Bradley purses!


Ok, so I mentioned these purses before, but they are starting to get on my nerves. Everywhere you look, ladies have these purses slung over their shoulders. They're NOT PURSES, THEY'RE QUILTS! Now, I'm not exactly the most fashion conscious person in the world, but these purses bug me. They are made out of quilt material.....that's right ladies.....if your purse gets dirty you can actually put it in the washer and wash it! Can you believe that? The only thing I would ever buy one for is to stuff it with cotton balls and use it for a pillow. Maybe you can use the bigger ones for a blanket....I don't know. Let me tell you that if you pass a shop with Vera Bradley purses in it, the place is a mob scene. All kinds of women are running around paying over $100 for a blanket purse. Maybe I'm just jealous that I didn't think of it first. What next, purses made from toilet paper? I mean really. A good purse doesn't belong in a washer! I'm including an article from the Philadelphia Inquirer posted yesterday about this strange phenomenon. It appears that there are YOUNG women that are buying them also. Maybe its just me.....although Christy agrees with me too. I just can't believe it will ever end up in NY or LA.....but you never know. Let me know if you ladies see them cruising down on the shoulders of "ladies who lunch" in Beverly Hills. Although, all it takes is one nuttbag like Lindsey Lohan or Britney Spears to carry one, then watch out!

No comments: