Wednesday, September 19, 2007

It's been a really long time since I've updated this! The weather here has changed.....it really feels like fall now. It was 48 degrees this am! The pumpkins, mums,scarecrows, and hay are out in people's yards. The fall festivals are in full bloom. Its sweatshirt and jeans weather. Considering I'm still wearing the same three pairs of shorts, I had to got out and get some fall clothes. I HAVE fall clothes, but they are still in storage.

The house remodel is moving slowly. Things are happening, but not as fast as I would like them. The floors are pretty much down, the heating and air conditioning replaced. The landscaper has started to remove the forest of weeds around the house. Next week the windows go in....I think. Our only problem is finding a painter. The estimates we are getting are sky high. But we will make our final decision on that tomorrow. The only thing that won't be done when we move in is the kitchen. We are having difficulties finding cabinets to fit in our small kitchen. But, I think we have narrowed it down, but it will take 4 weeks for them to be here! UGH!!!! Alex says we can move in without the kitchen being done since I really don't cook anyway. We have a fridge in the basement and all we need is a little microwave and we can make do. We'll be eating pizza everynight!

No comments: