Monday, September 3, 2007

more things I've noticed

Ambulances......In LA if an ambulance is driving by at high speed with its lights flashing and horns blaring, people STOP or pull over. People here don't do that? I almost got hit the other day when I pulled aside for an ambulance. Apparently the driver behind me had never seen this type of behavior before and actually gave me the finger when he passed by me, cutting off the ambulance. I was in shock. Its a weird thing......they don't have paid fireman here, so its all volunteers. Now, don't get me wrong....I think anyone that is willing to run into a burning building and not get paid for it must be either a saint (or somewhat demented:)) But, the thing is.....these are guys that are at their normal jobs and when the call comes in, they have to take off.....so am assuming that the response time to your burning house must be slow. They have to run out of work, get to the firehouse, get changed, on the truck, then too your house. THEN.....if you were unlucky enough to sustain some sort of injury, you might not make it to the hospital because the idiots on the road won't pull over for you!

I'm doomed!

No comments: