Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Madison

Update on our princess:

She's doing great! She is really enjoying her new school, although it seems alot harder than Anza. I always had a feeling that Anza was too easy because she is really getting hard, hard, homework. Maybe its 4th grade.

She started to ride the bus this week. The first day went well. I introduced myself to the bus driver and explained we were new. I told Madison to keep an eye out, because she is the second stop in the afternoon. Do you think she remembered? Of course not. I was standing at the bus stop at 3:28 waiting for her. The big yellow bus pulled up, the other kids got off, the bus driver started to close the door, then she saw my terrified eyes. The bus driver started to yell, "where's the new girl?" She repeated this several times...........Now, I'm out on the street and can see Madison on the bus.....she was just sitting there talking to her friend ignoring the bus driver, AND ignoring me waving my hands like and idiot! The bus driver asked me her name....and only after she yelled her name....did Madison get off the bus. That could have gone worse I guess.

Soccer started on Saturday....after one practice she was a little rusty. The league she's in, isn't as agressive as what we are used to. I guess thats a good thing, but I'm not so sure yet. There doesn't seem to be alot of discipline on the team. So, we'll see.

Girl scouts starts soon; the wife of her soccer coach is the Girl Scout leader. I'm hoping the new troop isn't as crazy as the last one!

So, not much else....she's missing her Cali friends, but is loving life here as well.

No comments: