Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Weight Watchers

Went to weight watchers yesterday and lost another 4 pounds. YEA!!!!! I'm on my way. I'll tell you what, I fell better than I have in recent months. I know I have about 80 more to go, but I fell lighter.

The leader yesterday asked everyone what brought them into Weight Watchers......I had lots of answers.....feeling bad, can't run with Madison without falling apart, my knees hurt. But the answer I gave her was this....... A couple of weeks ago I had to try on some clothes for an event coming up. Now, for months, even years, I have avoided full body mirrors. I LIKE the mirror in my bathroom. It only shows me from the neck up (all three of my necks!). This is a good look for me. I don't see all the other stuff. But then the 3 way mirror betrayed me. I tried not to look, but it was in this dressing room that I thought....."the problem with being fat, is that you look fat". Now, I know this is not rocket science.....but for someone that avoided mirrors, this was HUGE! For the last couple of months, years, I figured "hey, I'm not married, I'm not looking to be married, why should I care how heavy I get". But that kind of denial doesn't last forever. Eventually your body gives up on you and you get heart troubles, diabetes, etc.

Now, I know I will never be as skinny as my beautiful LA friends, Sharon, Andrea, Marianne, etc. These are all LA girls. Skinny there is a whole different type of skinny. But I'm striving for a healthy weight, and the ability to look in a three way mirror!

No comments: