Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Stranger in my homeland....part 2

I just wanted to clarify for all you lovely people back in CA......I am not living in Philly. We moved to a community 45 minutes outside the city....maybe an hour if the traffic is really bad. So, all these stories involve people that have no idea about anything outside their very small lives. Now, I'm not saying I live in a hole.....but its not even as big as Torrance was. Not even half as big! So, as Lola has pointed out.........there are many more like minded people in the city....just not out here in the sticks. I guess it would be like if I had moved to Riverside.....except without the heroin.

1 comment:

Lola said...

Yeah, I agree it's a pain to get into the city (and I wouldn't even drive it myself, I did it once and it was terrifying to me), but it's nice to know that you have the option, should you want to go to a show, check out a restaurant, etc.

Here's one of our favorite restaurants, Serrano, to get you started. Upstairs is the Tin Angel, where a lot of singer/songwriter types perform. It's in Old City, but worth the trip in.

I'm going to compile a list of good places for you to check out :o)

http://lolablog.lolageek.com